01-02-08 - 14-02-08 February DJ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfx

Registered
Reaction score
February DJ Contest

New month, new contest!

Please read the guidelines carefully at http://forum.ah.fm/contests-ah-fm/8571-dj-competition-guidelines.html

Submissions will be taken from February 1st to February 14th, send your complete entries with all requirements as stated in the guidelines to contest@afterhours.fm !

Due to popular demand, this month will have a slightly changed rule. We will this month (as a first try, to see how it goes) accept software mixed sets, e.g. Ableton, VDJ, Traktor and the likes, alongside with hardware mixed sets. At the same time, we have to limit the maximum number of accepted submissions to TEN sets. First come, first serve! It will be announced here when we are full!

The winning set will be played on March 5th at 15:00 CET!

Good luck!

Nice :D

I'll make an entry, even though I cant mix that great even with software

I made my entry. I hope I get some air-time. I probably won't tho, because I'm a bit of a newb. Regardless. This is pretty sweet!

Thanks dfx!

I really hope accepting software mixes is staying an exception, so I can apply next month without fearing some software mixers do way "better" than is at all possible with vinyl records.

(Splitting the competition into software and hardware would also satisfy me, of course.)

Anyway, nice to give software users a chance as well. Good luck to everyone!

Luck to everybody in this new competition!!! :music:

MARIANO RUCHS

from January competition:

And the winner is:
Mariano Ruchs
aka
JohnRuchs here in the forum!

Congratulations!

Your set will be played February 6th (Wednesday) at 15:00 CET (calendar event link)! Good job mate!
that's today, hope lots tune in and I can make it too :music:
(and get to know how those jurors tick. :mask: )

congrats man! :grinning::clap:

I missed the set, I think was busy. Congrats!!

Alrighty, I submitted my official set for the Feb. Contest. Let's hope it gets played

To the person handling the event.

When I emailed the set in, I forgot what track number nine(9) was, couldn't think of the tune name. I got it now, took me about an hour of thinking about it in my head.

09. Above & Beyond pres Tranquility Base - Oceanic [Sean Tyas Mix]

You should now have a full tracklist.

Thanks for allowing me to place in my Ableton mix. I was pretty happy with it.

Cheers!!

I submitted my set, I hope I made the first ten? I wasn't told otherwise in the email I received...

Nice :D

I'll make an entry, even though I cant mix that great even with software

not having a moan but surely if you think that you cant mix that good then dont submit at all? there are only 10 places so why not save them places for those who think they can mix and think they could win?

just my 2 cents...:music:

not having a moan but surely if you think that you cant mix that good then dont submit at all? there are only 10 places so why not save them places for those who think they can mix and think they could win?

just my 2 cents...:music:

Dont worry, I'm not planning on submitting anymore ;-)

Dont worry, I'm not planning on submitting anymore ;-)

okay, i didnt meant to sound spiteful. just think its best to leave the slots for people who genuinely think they can win...:grinning:

okay, i didnt meant to sound spiteful. just think its best to leave the slots for people who genuinely think they can win...:grinning:

as everybody is their harshest critic - how else would you find out if you could win?? :hmmm:

well surely you know if something is good enough to win. I would know if a track i made was good enough to send to labels...

Or if a mix was good enough to enter a competition...

So if you dont think your mixing is good then surely you SHOULD think that its not good enough to enter. It is judged by mixing abilities too... not just track selection etc.

i'll do my recording now and upload it..hope i can make it

I'll give it a shot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back