Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who cares about vista, I wanna know what happened to that woman!

Who cares about vista, I wanna know what happened to that woman!

YouTube - Hacking Vista: Easier than you'd think

3:17, check out the woman in the background...

LOL Yeah that was wierd where'd she go?
    Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe
    Don't give it up!

Quote Originally Posted by robejaegs View Post
    LOL Yeah that was wierd where'd she go?
    It's devils work! Probably some nifty ninja editing, maybe she got her jugs out at the window so they had to remove that bit

I saw it too.

Whoever was in charge of editing the footage did "something" to sort of, shorten the video's time. If you look REALLY closely at the girl sitting there to the right when it happens, the girl's face changes a bit so yea, editing is involved here

But yea, you have to be careful with EVERYTHING that you get. I have a lot of anti-virus crap on here to keep me safe but, you have to be responsible for making sure that all of the things that you get are virus free and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Afterhours.Fm's Night Shift Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Abominus View Post
    I saw it too.

Whoever was in charge of editing the footage did "something" to sort of, shorten the video's time. If you look REALLY closely at the girl sitting there to the right when it happens, the girl's face changes a bit so yea, editing is involved here

But yea, you have to be careful with EVERYTHING that you get. I have a lot of anti-virus crap on here to keep me safe but, you have to be responsible for making sure that all of the things that you get are virus free and stuff.
    Yeah I see what you mean, well spotted

Good call, hackers will always be around, so all you can do is be cautious like you just said. I've been screwed over a few times and it's not fun, especially when you loose all of your important files

Quote Originally Posted by djabstraction View Post
    Yeah I see what you mean, well spotted

Good call, hackers will always be around, so all you can do is be cautious like you just said. I've been screwed over a few times and it's not fun, especially when you loose all of your important files
    Many years ago, I had a SERIOUS error on my old pc that somehow required it to have Xp installed again. It was weird. I had no idea how it happened. Anyways, a friend of a friend tried to help me out but I lost ALL of my music. Even though I gained most of it back, it did suck.

I suggest getting something like this. I know that I will.
    Seagate Technology - FreeAgent™ Pro

That way everything can be kept in there safe as long as you know how to handle it gently

Many years ago, I had a SERIOUS error on my old pc that somehow required it to have Xp installed again. It was weird. I had no idea how it happened. Anyways, a friend of a friend tried to help me out but I lost ALL of my music. Even though I gained most of it back, it did suck.

I suggest getting something like this. I know that I will.
    Seagate Technology - FreeAgent™ Pro

That way everything can be kept in there safe as long as you know how to handle it gently
    Damn, I bet that annoyed the hell out of you? Loosing things you have created yourself is one of the worst things, like photos, documents etc, right pain in the ass. It makes you wonder why people do it? They don't know for definite that they have caused you any particular grief so how can they get a kick out of it?

That drive looks pretty cool actually, I've been contemplating what would happen if my MP3 drive went down, I think I'd probably cry for the best part, keeping it all online does sound cool but I wonder how long it would take to upload 140gb...

Cool stuff none the less!

Damn, I bet that annoyed the hell out of you? Loosing things you have created yourself is one of the worst things, like photos, documents etc, right pain in the ass. It makes you wonder why people do it? They don't know for definite that they have caused you any particular grief so how can they get a kick out of it?

That drive looks pretty cool actually, I've been contemplating what would happen if my MP3 drive went down, I think I'd probably cry for the best part, keeping it all online does sound cool but I wonder how long it would take to upload 140gb...

Cool stuff none the less!
    Yea. I was REALLY upset about it all. I learned my lesson though. Another friend of mine could have helped me but it would have taken a few days because he was like, busy and stuff, girlfriend and all.

I have been thinking about a new pc altogether for recording/music. I would not even have the internet on it, just music, recording programs and all but, it would be a lot more money. Eh, I will see how it all goes.

I went with Seagate instead of Western Digital because of people who have had WD and they have said that it sucks. Plus, the name Seagate is a lot cooler

The guy that tried to help me was being honest, you know? it's just that somehow along the way, lines got crossed and well, I may have dome something wrong so it is totally not his fault. I have no idea where the guy is. This was like, 4-5 years ago.

Get that drive!!!

I got you a link for checking out some drives. Me, I would go for like, a 500gb to a 750 or so.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

looool

great cutting job there
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

Yea. I was REALLY upset about it all. I learned my lesson though. Another friend of mine could have helped me but it would have taken a few days because he was like, busy and stuff, girlfriend and all.

I have been thinking about a new pc altogether for recording/music. I would not even have the internet on it, just music, recording programs and all but, it would be a lot more money. Eh, I will see how it all goes.

I went with Seagate instead of Western Digital because of people who have had WD and they have said that it sucks. Plus, the name Seagate is a lot cooler

The guy that tried to help me was being honest, you know? it's just that somehow along the way, lines got crossed and well, I may have dome something wrong so it is totally not his fault. I have no idea where the guy is. This was like, 4-5 years ago.

Get that drive!!!

I got you a link for checking out some drives. Me, I would go for like, a 500gb to a 750 or so.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

That sounds like a good idea about keeping a PC separate for music creation, that way if someone does hack you they aren't going to get to your really important documents. By the way, I'm not sure if you have looked into VM software at all, but VMWare have some really cool features, like using your audio / video hardware within the VM which I think is excellent, it's also a good way of keeping everything separate and also means that you can backup your entire PC to just 1 file per virtual hard drive. Saves on computer equipment too, although I've never used a VM for creating music so I have no idea what it's like, but if it's anything like developing software it could be worth a try. You can even download a demo of VMWare.

Desktop virtualization, virtual machine, virtual pc, desktop security, mac virtualization - VMware

Cheers for the link to that drive, I'm giving that some serious thought as one of my hard drives is currently not even screwed down, it's just kind of flapping about as I managed to break part of it when I went to put it in... don't ask! At least I didn't blow my pc up though, which I've also done before

*online window shops*

That sounds like a good idea about keeping a PC separate for music creation, that way if someone does hack you they aren't going to get to your really important documents. By the way, I'm not sure if you have looked into VM software at all, but VMWare have some really cool features, like using your audio / video hardware within the VM which I think is excellent, it's also a good way of keeping everything separate and also means that you can backup your entire PC to just 1 file per virtual hard drive. Saves on computer equipment too, although I've never used a VM for creating music so I have no idea what it's like, but if it's anything like developing software it could be worth a try. You can even download a demo of VMWare.

Desktop virtualization, virtual machine, virtual pc, desktop security, mac virtualization - VMware

Cheers for the link to that drive, I'm giving that some serious thought as one of my hard drives is currently not even screwed down, it's just kind of flapping about as I managed to break part of it when I went to put it in... don't ask! At least I didn't blow my pc up though, which I've also done before

*online window shops*
    Yea. The thing is though is that I have MOST of my regular pc programs on an 80gig drive, then, I have my photos and little things like that on a 500gig Seagate drive. I mean, I do have a lot of space but I seriously have some hardware/speed problems.

The drive is a SATA, but the drive power cable is a IDE so that does not transfer power to the drive so opening up picture files is slow. I would have to get some sort of adapter or, empty the drive into a new one with the correct plug in and transfer everything and have an empty 500gig.

A new pc would cost me about $900, and that is pretty much stripped. No funky add ons, no speakers, none of it. Yea, so, I will be looking into buying a new pc definitely if I want to go a route of having a pc solely for music.

Hey, I checked out that link you gave me but, what am I supposed to be downloading from here?

So yea, I am even getting a new table/desk for my pc and all. I have to buy quite a bit of stuff!!!!

IKEA | Tables & desks | Desks | FREDRIK | Desk

WINBLOWS VISTA FTL!.......

UNIX FTW!

The drive is a SATA, but the drive power cable is a IDE so that does not transfer power to the drive so opening up picture files is slow.
    are you saying your drive is running without power cable going to it?!

to clear things up: regular pc power plugs are called molex, which is also what IDE drives usually use. sata has introduced their own sata power plugs. however, there's adapters between those two.

which you use (molex directly if the drive supports it, or native sata plug or sata plug via adapter from molex) makes no difference at all, except that sata hotplug only works with native sata power plug. but hardly anyone uses that anyway. it definitely makes no difference in speed.
    Last edited by dfx; Feb 14th, 2008 at 08:48.
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

Quote Originally Posted by jedrek View Post
    WINBLOWS VISTA FTL!.......

UNIX FTW!
    Unix / Linux / Mac

I use windows alot, but vista is a huge disgrace... i mean come on, barely any old hardware works with it, it has bugs and problems... the new SP might fix it but I doubt it (heard the kernel was completely rewritten)... and windows 7 is supposed to be out 2010 - 2011? Plus XP is stable since day one so why the sudden need for something new and have something even newer just around the corner???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information