Cheap controller for beginners?

AJson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie and am willing to buy a DJ controller but my budget is low so I am looking for cheap controller. I have read an article about the Best DJ Controller under 500 but I am confused between Pioneer DDJ and Numark MixTrack. I really like both of them. Can someone guide me, which is the best of these two?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can't go wrong with either.

The Pioneer DDJ-SR is a good and sturdy controller, but with a known weak point, the crossfader.

The Numark MixTrack is smaller and lighter, but has a newer design that many likes.

Hard to judge which one is the better of the two. Each one has it's own style.

I recommend you try out one and perhaps both, to see which style you prefer.

If you look around, you will usually find nice units for less than €500.

I have a Pioneer DDJ-SR that I bought slightly used from a club that was going out of business. PLN370,- out the door, 2 years old unit.
My previous experience dj'ing was back in the early to mid 90's and we were using Pioneer and Technics equipment..

Grab a good quality USB-cable and a comfy carrying bag and you're good to go.

I hope this at least gave you some input to you can make a better decision.

-T-

When I was new to music, I often faced a similar problem. It's really very difficult to choose from musical equipment when you don't understand it. I was lucky that I found this site https://guitarsrating.com/ on the internet. There are actually a lot of articles about musical instruments, comparisons of different brands and reviews of different products for music from experts in this. If you are looking for up-to-date information and honest opinion of more experienced musicians, then I advise you to sometimes read new posts on such portals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back